Making Criminal Appeals Work Pay – Appeals and Miscarriages of Justice Team Launch Event
|Date:||17th March 2016|
|Time:||4.30pm – 7.30pm|
|Location:||Garden Court North Chambers, 3rd Floor, Blackfriars House, Parsonage, Manchester M3 2JA|
Speakers: Matthew Stanbury (barrister, GCN) and Mark Newby (Principal Member and HCA, QS Jordans)
Appeals and Miscarriages of Justice Team Launch Event
Thursday 17 th March 2016 4.30pm – 7.30pm (2CPD)
Venue: Garden Court North Chambers, Manchester
To mark the launch of our Appeals and Miscarriages of Justice team, Garden Court North Chambers presents a seminar on “Funding Criminal Appeals: Making Appeals Work Pay” followed by a drinks reception in chambers.
4.30pm – Registration and refreshments
4.45pm – Funding Criminal Appeals : Making Appeals Work Pay
Presented by Matthew Stanbury (barrister, GCN) and Mark Newby (QS Jordans).
- An in-depth examination of the appeals chapter of the Standard Crime Contract. What work is permissible and what is not?
- The permissibility of “second opinions”, the sufficient benefit test, extending the upper funding limit and more.
- Practical steps such as obtaining transcripts, DNA testing, and gathering fresh evidence.
- The proper interpretation of the crime contract, and the best way to respond to and challenge LAA audits.
- Private funding for appeals
The seminar is suitable both for established practitioners and those with an emerging interest in this area.
6.45pm – Drinks reception in chambers and opportunity to meet the full team.
Delegate fee: £15 + VAT (£10 + VAT for NFP) – BOOK ONLINE
Group discounts also available – contact email@example.com for more details.
Online booking : Delegate places should be booked online at our Eventbrite page HERE (opens in a new window) – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries in relation to booking places online.